- Industry Skill Set
- Course Code: RII30815
This course reflects the role of an elevating work platform (WP) operator working with civil construction, who applies a broad range of skills in a varied work context, using some discretion and judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. The individual may provide theoretical advice and support a team.
The course is designed for those who have recently completed academic studies, wish to enter industry or are within the workforce and wish to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as an elevating work platform (WP) operator.
Successful participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) and WorkSafe HRW Licence for boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more). A Notice of Assessment (NOA) will be issued allowing the student to apply for the licence.
High Risk Work licences are issued by Worksafe Victoria. You have up to 60 days to submit your Notice of Assessment application at an Australian Post Outlet upon receiving your Notice of Assessment (NOA) from Journey Management Group. For more information visit WorkSafe.
Students will also attend Journey Management Group’s Construction Induction Course and will receive a white card if applicable.
Students will also obtain the Construction Induction Card.
The course consists of the following units:
- RIIHAN301D Operate elevating work platform
- TLILIC2005 Licence to a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more).
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIBEF201D Plan and organise work
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- Pre-Requisites Must be at least 18 years of age.
Photo ID is required to complete this course.
- Course Duration 3 days attendance.
- Average Number of Learners Maximum 6.