- Fee-for-Service Short Course
- Course Code: RII30815
This qualification reflects the minimum level of knowledge required by workers within the construction industry. This course satisfies the WorkSafe licence requirements for the Construction Induction Course which is required for entry onto a construction site.
This course specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work.
The course requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others. It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies.
It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
The course consists of the following units:
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIBEF201D Plan and organise work
- Pre-Requisites Photo ID is required to complete this course.
- Course Duration 1 day attendance.
- Average Number of Learners 10 - 20.